Friday, January 4, 2013

Bangkok Winter still hot! - Staying at Grand Millennium

We searched through all the prices and pictures and comments of the ever-growing number of boutique hotels in Bangkok, but ended up with the hotel chain Grand Millennium. Well, there're a couple of reasons for us choosing Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok.

The price
We managed to get like SGD130 per night for a spacious room, which is not too expensive as compared to the smaller rooms from some of the cheaper boutique hotels. Okay, our room rate doesn't include Wifi and breakfast. But I'm getting a local SIM card anyway and I don't really fancy those mundane hotel breakfast buffets of toasts/omelette/juices and almost always cannot-make-it local delights.

The location
I know lots of Singaporeans are staying at Siam area, and for some, as near to Platinum Mall as possible. But I'm not really into shopping and don't fancy all the chaotic crowd upon stepping out of the hotel. I like that the Grand Millennium is tagged away at a quiet corner in Asok area. But still, we can walk to the Asok BTS and Sukhumvit MRT stations in less than 5 minutes. The new Terminal 21 shopping mall is nearby too for sudden shopping urge, and a 7-11 store even nearer for even more emergency food and drinks. So yes, its location works for me.

The room


The service
As an international hotel chain, of course Grand Millennium provides good service! Some more in Thailand the land of smiles! But my favorite guys are the doormen. On the first day after checking in, we wanted to go to Khao San Road, which we know is not served by any BTS or MRT. So I told the doorman to get me a taxi. Instead of follow my instruction blindly, he advised us to take a MRT to a nearby station then change to taxi instead, due to the long jam time on the road he was expecting during that time of the day. I've also noticed that whenever the doormen get a taxi for us, they'll instruct the taxi driver to go by meter too! Helpful guys, they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment